The RV 2021 online visa application process changed
Applications for the next phase of the 2021 Resident Visa will open from 10am on 1 March 2022.
Those eligible will be able to apply online any time from then until 31 July 2022.
INZ have made some operational decisions that mean there is no advantage to submitting an application in the first week.
Applications made in the enhanced Immigration Online system received from 1 March will be held until the end of March.
A lot of work has been going on behind the scenes to try to ensure that those applying from 1 March 2022 for the one-off residency visa will have a better experience than the first group that was processed.
The new internal process that INZ will follow:
- All applications from 1 March 2022 will be held until the end of March before processing begins. This will mean applicants will have no incentive to see their applications lodged as soon as possible on or after 1 March 2022. This will benefit advisors who may have a large volume of cases and be under pressure from clients to lodge immediately.
- Applications will be released for processing based on visa expiry of the principal applicant; those with the shortest time left on their visa will be released for processing first.
- It will only be necessary to upload the applicant’s passport and the authority for the advisor at the time of lodgement.
- The INZ fee of $2160 will be payable at the time of lodgement.
- INZ will invite applicants (or their advisors for those represented) to upload required additional documents as they are released for processing.
- INZ will be proactively monitoring capacity system performance. If that has been reached, an applicant will be informed before they can start an application. They can either choose to wait until a space is available for them to log on and start their application or elect to come back and try again later.
We are relieved that INZ is taking steps to make this process easier and less stressful for both immigration advisors and the migrant community.
If you would like help with your application, get in contact with the office.